About the High Impact Leadership Course
High Impact Leadership is an intensive 3 day adult leadership course focused on personal leadership development and the development of leadership in the students/people the participants serve. This course is a must for any administrator, coach, advisor, educator, or other professional working with young adults.
Course participants begin the experience learning about their own leadership style and how to move forward on their own personal leadership journey. They will also spend time learning the tools to lead and how to develop the leadership potential in those they serve and work collaboratively with in their own environments. The final day focuses on blending the two, incorporating 21st Century Skills, and establishing a network of professionals to continue on in their pursuits.
Participants will leave with a plethora of resources and materials and gain valuable ideas for their own leadership journey as well as for their schools/businesses own vitality and culture. Participants are also able to earn up to 3 graduate credits and meet individual PDP requirements with this course.
Development Components in Each Activity
Many organizations have conducted leadership programs without identifiable reference to research studies often organized simply on the perceptions of staff members. WASC programs are founded on the basis of detailed research. Factors inherent in effective leadership development are embedded in this WASC program.
- Activity based curriculum that can be taken back and utilized with the people you serve
- Activity based sessions
- Invaluable conference materials
- Online Resource Center
- Aligned with WI Educator/ Administrator Standards
- 21st Century Skills embedded in each activity
- Course Credit via Edgewood
- College & Career Ready Emphasis
Mentoring & Networking
- Scheduled Networking Sessions during the course with follow-up sessions after.
- Mentoring from top-notch advisors, coaches, and administrators.
- Small Group and Large Group Mentors/Facilitators
Wednesday, June 19
- 12:00 Registration
- 1:00 Course begins—Emphasis on: Becoming Familiar with Leadership Style
- 2:00 Includes: Small Group Breakouts, Activities, Keynotes, & Reflection.
- 6:00 Networking and Tailgate Reception
- 9:00 Closing
Thursday, June 20, 2013
- 7:30 Breakfast
9:00 Opening Session—How to Lead, Develop, and Support those you Lead Includes: Small Group Breakouts, Activities, Keynotes from Experts in the Field, & Reflection
- 6:00 Networking and Reception at Memorial Union
- 9:00 Closing
Friday, June 21, 2013
- 8:00 Breakfast
- 9:00 Opening Session—21st Century Skills
- 11:30 Closing
The all-inclusive fee includes workshop materials, recreation, entertainment, housing, and all meals. Graduate credits (up to 3) can be obtained at an additional cost per credit through Edgewood College. $150 per credit
Early Bird Registration Fee
$275 for participants from member schools. Deadline: May 15, 2013
High Impact Leadership Downloads:
High Impact Leadership (Brochure) (1.9 MB)
High Impact Registration Form 2013 (257.4 KB)